Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2012 Computerworld Magazine. Always at the forefront of technologies, Cedars-Sinai is implementing EPIC as its comprehensive electronic medical record system.
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes and technologies.
Currently, the EIS team is recruiting for a Data Warehouse Manager join the team.
The Manager will lead EIS data warehouse back-end development and front-end business intelligence teams in the design, development, testing, enhancement, documentation, and ongoing support of software applications to support business and patient care processes. Evaluates, selects, and integrates new technologies and development tools for data warehouse development and testing, creates and implements standards for development and documentation. Recruits and selects technical staff, manages consultants and contractors, and oversees training programs in tools and methodologies for development and business intelligence teams.
Our compensation package is commensurate with experience and competitive with the marketplace. We provide a comprehensive benefits package, which is designed to meet your needs. As a valued full-time member of our staff, you'll enjoy outstanding benefits, including health, dental and vision plans plus multiple opportunities to save for retirement.
Established in 1902, Cedars-Sinai is located in Los Angeles, adjacent to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify. We have a robust Carpool / Vanpool program and encourage employees to participate.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Job Responsibilities (the scope of responsibility, department and position levels including knowledge and practice of the clinical/technical skills necessary to the position):
1. Provides expertise, management, and leadership to EIS software development teams.
2. Supervises and participates in the design, implementation, testing, enhancement, and documentation of database and BI applications
3. Scans, evaluates, selects, and integrates new technology solutions.
4. Leads and participates in the development of documentation, policies, procedures, and standards for software development
5. Responsible for management of EIS capital and operating budgets as assigned
6. Defines job duties and competencies, recruits, and selects staff for technical positions
7. Participates in multidisciplinary teams for requirements definition, vendor selection, and information systems implementation, testing, and support
8. Participates in the development and implementation of other EIS technical policies, procedures, and standards
9. Participates in the development and implementation of enterprise policies for data security and confidentiality
10. Implements the CSHS technology architecture guidelines for technology infrastructure and application development
11. Participates in EIS informatics teaching, research, and publishing efforts
12. Participates in the EIS Technology Architecture Board
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required by the CTO or designee
Educational requirements and/or preferences (Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
• MS in CS/EE or equivalent.
• Minimum of eight to ten years experience with information systems in a complex multi-platform healthcare environment. Experience demonstrates progressive broad-based information systems experience, with three to five years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in application development of a team of 7+ employees with an annual budget exceeding $2 million. Two to three years of this experience in Business Intelligence and data warehousing planning and development.
• Demonstrated expertise with healthcare applications and understanding of the needs and priorities of patient care providers.
• Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of software development, client/server, relational database, systems integration, and networking technologies.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated expertise in project management, systems analysis, customer relations, and vendor contract negotiation and management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
• Expert with mainstream office automation, project management, presentation, and communications tools.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.